Friday 19 March 2010

My Body Is Still A Temple, I Just Like To Get The Decorator's In...

Sorry I've been a little absent, big group project, massive stresses. No time to do anything other than work on my pieces, which will no doubt be my next post.
But what I wanted to talk about right this minute was tattoos.
Mine are a subject of much debate amongst my family, most of whom think I'm getting too much too young. It could always be worse, I could have a huge dragon, or some unintelligable arabic text all down my back.
I like my tattoos to have meaning.
Ilike them pretty and feminine.
I like to design them myself so I know no-one else has the same one.
Here are mine (apologies for the bad photos):

Photobucket

My first, a fairy on my thigh, was done not long after my 18th birthday to represent my ascent into womanhood (I don't care if you think it's cheesy)

Photobucket

I have an eye in the back of my head; I never stop looking back.

Photobucket

I have an obsession with The Silence of the Lambs..

Photobucket

My representation of the tree of life.

Photobucket Photobucket

I had my feet done back in May, I have real issues with feet, I think they're really ugly. These tattoos help me to love mine, I see it as a representation of finding beauty in unexpected places.

The following tattoos are just some things I recently saw on the net and I love them!

Photobucket
Simple but wonderful.

Photobucket
I consider this to be true; long after I'm gone, I hope that some of the art and the writing I've created will be left behind.
Photobucket
Love this, it makes me smile.
Photobucket
Another simple but amazing piece.
Photobucket
I like to think this is true as well.
Photobucket
I've never seen anything like this before, it's not something that had even crossed my mind. But it looks fantastic.

I can't wait until June, when I will be reunited with my tattooists needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment