Wednesday 29 September 2010

Packed Lunch

I'm in love with the Japanese culture.
And one of my favourite parts to coo over are bento boxes!
A bento is essentially a packed lunch in a little box, sometimes with compartments to seperate your different foods (You could jusst use an ordinary tupperware container, but that's not half as cute)
The styles of bento are so varied!
There are cute ones...

And there are really simple ones

But what I love most about bento is the boxes, so cute and compact and ready to be filled with deliciosness.



They don't even have to have a design on for me to think they're cute, I love the little neutral coloured one too! As soon as I get round to ordering my box I'll be starting my own bento experiments (and hopefully filling them with nutritiousness and not fatty foods!)
I also really want this cute little bottle so I can put water in it and not buy bottled water anymore! Such a wasteful expense when you think about it, and I never get round to recycling those plastic bottles... So wasteful. This bottle would solve that problem AND make me smile every time I drink out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love bento. Thank you also for sharing a various bento container design. When I learned about bento it really rocks my world. By the way, you might also like to use a stainless steel tiffin bento container. I have found it in a site wherein they are also selling a stainless steel bento box. So I decided to try it too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete