Monday 30 August 2010

The Expendables

I went to the cinema today, for the first time in ages! I love seeing a film on the big screen, because of the two Ps: Popcorn and previews!
There are two films I saw advertised that I'm desperate to see; Resident Evil: Afterlife (I have a two for one token to go see it as well :D) and 'RED' which just looked hilarious (Helen Mirren? With a machine gun?! :D)
Photobucket
I saw The Expendables, which does exactly what you'd expect it too given it's stellar cast of action hero's; it gives you a thrill-a-minute testosterone fuelled action movie with a good amount of humour and LOTS of explosions.
If youe're seeking something deep and meaningful, The Expendables probably isn't the movie for you. But if you're into a bit of mindless does-what-it-says-on-the-tin/movies-probably-aimed-at-blokes as I occasionally am (I love too watch Con Air or Bad Boys if I have the chance) then I thoroughly recommend it!
Also, just on a side note, Jason Statham...
Photobucket
(this might not be a screenshot from the movie; but there's nothing like Jason Statham to brighten up your bank holiday)

No comments:

Post a Comment