Sunday 4 April 2010

Clash of the Titans... good film, but not on par with godliness

Photobucket
So, another of my frequent movie related posts. Dontcha love how much of a film geek I am?
I went to see The Clash of the Titans yesterday, and I spent all last night trying to wrap my mind around how I feel about it. I will admit that (too my memory) I have never seen the original, so it's not even that I'm comparing it to its predecessor. It just leaves me feeling a little... indifferent.
Maybe it's just hard for me to wrap my head around because it wasn't what I expected.
I was expecting an all out fantasy epic with all the monstrous bells and whistles, what I was given was an action adventure, that I must admit was graphically very good. It's a good one to switch off to, as you don't have to think a great deal, but all the men I know who have watched it are sorely disappointed at its relatively gore free, family friendly nature.
Photobucket
But, enough of my film snobbery, let me focus on the movie's good points. As I've already said, it was graphically amazing, I have heard that it's not very good in 3D, so just as well I flat out refuse to watch 3D! Also very good was Liam Neeson playing Zeus, with Ralph Fiennes starring as his sinister-God-of-the-Underworld brother Hades. Both parts were cast very well, and it was a joy to see these actors performing.
I also REALLY liked the character of the djinn, (desert demon/magician type people) Despite looking pretty freaky and speaking no english, I found the character very endearing!
Photobucket
But weird desert men aside, my favourite scene was the part in Medusa's temple. Medusa was AWESOME.
Photobucket
So, to wrap it up, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the film is worth a watch, but be aware that it's not quite the epic you might expect it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment