Monday 12 April 2010

Spring Clean

I've been thinking of going through my wardrobe (again) and getting rid of everything ill fitting, unflattering, and those dark, dark things that were never fashionable in the first place. I love my alternative side, but I think it would be nice to occupy the space with a few things that are a little more feminine. A friend of mine wiped away all my eyeliner (it took a long while, trust me) and put make up on me that was a little more understated, and I really liked it!
So I've been perusing the Spring/Summer 2010 shows for a little inspiration, and I think I've actually fallen in love with Rick Owens new collection. I love its monochrome and neutral colouring, as well as it's clean lines and shapes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I've never been a big fan of jumpsuits, but I might have been converted...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
The collection as a whole is beautiful in its simplicity, and it has a clean basic nature that means its style has a staying power that some of the more elaborate catwalk pieces lack.
The best wardrobe advice anyone can have when spring cleaning is to buy some beautiful basics, and THEN start collecting some more statement items.

No comments:

Post a Comment